PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? By Lenore Theobald
It was one of those days…tired, sore, and achy. My cycling instructor, Jamie DeVries, is full of energy. She declares, “Come on, keep pushing. Remember why you are here. You are so close…..you don’t know how close you are!”
I thought to myself, “It’s hard, but you can do this. Just take it one song at a time, listen to Jamie’s instructions, and focus on the music.” The Nickleback lyrics were exactly what I needed to hear.
“What are you waiting for? Are you waiting on a lightning strike?
Are you waiting on the perfect night? Are you waiting until the time is right?
What are you waiting for?”
Many times in life, while training and competing we get wrapped up in waiting for the perfect conditions to go after something. That something can be training out of our comfort zone during a workout. It can be competing in the biggest show of our athletic career. The truth is simple. Conditions will never be absolutely perfect. We need to dig deep and go for it. You never know how close to are; keep going and put yourself out there.
Lenore’s Top 5 Tips To Put Yourself Out There:
- Life and conditions do not have to be perfect to start. Conditions will never be absolutely perfect. It’s time to take action and get started. Once you get momentum going, your energy will continue to build.
- Take off the governor. You aren’t an ATV or a snowmobile. Remove the governor from your goal setting. It’s completely acceptable to have goals that stretch you.
- Put your time in. Remember success doesn’t happen in an instant. Depending on your goal, it may take you years to achieve it Especially your “stretch goals.” Be aware that many athletes are in the sport for several years before they accomplish their wildest dreams.
- There will be peaks and valleys. You will have set backs and plateaus. Learn to embrace the valley while you are there and keep working on climbing to your next peak. Learn from your experiences and see the opportunity in every obstacle.
- Enjoy the ride! Enjoy the journey, the process, the growth. It’s a great life. Take time to find joy and gratitude no matter where you are. Celebrate your victories big and small! NATURAL BIKINI
Lenore Theobald is a 45 year old IFPA Bikini Pro, Natural Athlete, NANBF judge, confidence and posing coach, and P4P Muscle sponsored athlete. She’s been competing since 2005 and has over 20 years of experience in the fitness industry. In addition to being a life-time natural athlete, she’s passionate about helping others make their wildest dreams become reality. Want to coach with Lenore? Lenore can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or at www.facebook.com/lenoretheobald
October 2014 Issue. Click here to order this issue or a monthly subscription.